Wine Cellar Case Study: Under The Stairs in California
This Newbury, Ca., home design utilizes the space under the stairs that many homeowners can never figure out what to do with. (In fact, adding wine cellars to spaces like this is one of the top trends of 2019.)
Cellar Master’s Inc, owned by season cellar design veteran Scott Berry, created a space that strategically maximized storage using mixed materials while working through the challenges the angles of this space brings.
|Company||Cellar Master’s Inc.|
|Years In Business||25+|
|Number of wine cellar
|More than 2,500|
What was the goal?
The client wanted to take advantage of an underutilized space while working around the angles and maximizing storage.
What was challenging about the design?
Working with finite space and fitting a racking system that would look clean and cohesive with the slope of the ceiling was the most challenging part.
What was the design approach?
Our approach was to create a transitional design that maximized storage while blending materials in the angled space. We used metal racking for a contemporary look while mixing wooden bin for max capacity and functional storage.
What lessons were learned in the process?
“Be open-mind, think outside the box, and always keep functionality as a top priority when designing in odd-shaped spaces.”
It’s Friday night, what’re pairing with your pizza?
2013 Booker Fracture (Syrah from Paso Robles, Ca.) with a pepperoni, cashew and avocado pizza (don’t knock it until you try it!)
Other cellars to inspire by Cellar Masters Inc.
Wine Cellar Details:
Location: Newbury, Ca
- 320 bottles
- Wall Series wine racks
- Brushed Nickel finish
- Custom millwork & X bins
Request the 2019 VintageView catalog, filled with dozens of real-life wine cellars (home and restaurants) to get your project kick started!
More Wine Cellar Case Studies:
One Response to “Wine Cellar Case Study: Under The Stairs in California”
Leave a Reply
- Evolution Wine Tower 92" | Metal and Acrylic Freestanding Wine Rack (162 bottles-648 bottles) $2,009.00 – $7,484.00
- Evolution Wine Tower 72" | Metal and Acrylic Freestanding Wine Rack (126 bottles-504 bottles) $1,606.00 – $5,847.00
- Evolution Wine Tower: Metal and Acrylic Freestanding Wine Rack Extension Kits (81 bottles-162 bottles) $825.00 – $1,755.00
- Evolution Wine Tower 47" | Metal and Acrylic Freestanding Wine Rack Kit (81 bottles-324 bottles) $1,141.00 – $4,003.00
- W Series Wine Rack Frame Elbow Standoff Bracket Kit $82.00 – $115.00
- Zillow is a data giant in the real estate indus...
- Demand in wine cellars, especially in tony real...
- While it’s our beautiful wine racks that ...