When Doug McCain invented the label forward wine rack in 2001, he embarked on a journey that has changed the way wine is stored, moving it from dusty back rooms to design-driven showcases in homes and restaurants around the world. We sat down with he and CEO Charles Malek to talk VintageView, its story, and
- Published in News & Promotions
With a background in real estate investing and construction, businessman Doug McCain founded VintageView in 2001 out of his garage in Castle Rock, Colorado. But VintageView’s story began a few years earlier when Doug, a long-time wine collector, discovered that a family friend had stolen the most prized bottles from his personal cellar and replaced them with replicas. Since traditional wine racks store bottles with the top facing out, it was years before he discovered his wine was missing.
- Published in Design Corner
- Wall Series Wine Rack Frame 12 $360.00 – $500.00
- Vino Series Magnum Rails, 1 Bottle Metal Wine Rack $37.00 – $41.00
- Mini T 6-Bottle Tabletop Acrylic Wine Rack $80.00
- Case & Crate Back $45.00
- Perch 1-Bottle Vertical Wine Rack $30.00 – $50.00
- Introducing two new Vino Series finishes –...
- San Francisco is a playground for those who see...
- Top wine cellar builders and design professiona...