Home Wine Cellar of the Month (May): Contemporary California Living
When the interior is luxurious and the design embodies chic minimalism, there is much to be envious about. This two-story wine wall design pulls in contemporary California elements and drives them between a glass floor for one of the most unique displays you’ll find in Orange County — or anywhere.
The cellar’s tall double-doors open to single-deep Wall Series racks on the main level that serve as an anchor point for the airy inside/outside design of the home. The wine wall continues up, through the ceiling, to a bar-height display on the second floor. The piano sitting on glass in front of the wine is an added design punch.
Minimalism is present in the simplicity of the home’s décor, as well as the light and open environment accomplished with the use of glass on all floors and the addition of a skylight. (For those worried about keeping the wine safe, there are many UV films and deterrents that can be added to glass displays as exposed to the natural elements as this.)
The end result is 14-feet monument to wine (396 bottles) and design in general that mixes glass, vinyl and wood in one stunning display.
Orange County Custom Wine Cellar Details:
- Wall Series metal wine racks (single-deep configuration)
- Satin Black finish
- 396-bottle-capacity on metal racks
- Estimated metal racking cost: $1,335
- Location: Orange County, Ca
Wine & Design News
Keep up to date on wine and design topics!
- Vino Series Magnum Rails, 1 Bottle Metal Wine Rack $36.00 – $38.00
- Mini T 6-Bottle Tabletop Acrylic Wine Rack $80.00
- Case & Crate Back $45.00
- FCF Perch 1-Bottle Vertical Wine Rack $27.00 – $47.00
- Evolution Series Wine Wall Presentation Row Wine Rack Extension (9 bottles) $80.00 – $90.00
- Angela Otten and husband Steve have more than 5...
- What is the definition of “dream wine cel...
- Cellar Master's Inc in Newberry Park created an...