When Doug McCain invented the label forward wine rack in 2001, he embarked on a journey that has changed the way wine is stored, moving it from dusty back rooms to design-driven showcases in homes and restaurants around the world. We sat down with he and CEO Charles Malek to talk VintageView, its story, and
- Published in News & Promotions
With a background in real estate investing and construction, businessman Doug McCain founded VintageView in 2001 out of his garage in Castle Rock, Colorado. But VintageView’s story began a few years earlier when Doug, a long-time wine collector, discovered that a family friend had stolen the most prized bottles from his personal cellar and replaced them with replicas. Since traditional wine racks store bottles with the top facing out, it was years before he discovered his wine was missing.
- Published in Design Corner
Wine & Design News
Keep up to date on wine and design topics!
- Grain & Rod | Cork Forward: Metal and Wood Wine Rack Panel (9 bottles) $185.00 – $190.00
- Cork Out: Grain & Rod Metal and Wood Wine Rack Panel Kit (36 bottles) $755.00
- Checker Board: Grain & Rod Metal and Wood Wine Rack Panel Kit (27 bottles) $660.00
- Grain & Rod | Label Forward: Metal and Wood Wine Rack Panel (3-9 bottles) $125.00 – $190.00
- Au Naturel: Grain & Rod Metal and Wood Wine Rack Panel Kit (30 bottles) $680.00
- The modern wine wall is here. DIYers and design...
- Since inventing the label-forward wine rack in ...
- When reality television star Heather Dubrow mov...