Senior Manager of Accounting
- Plans, organizes, directs and manages operational functions of accounting, finance, budgeting, and payroll for the company.
- Provides financial input and leadership on all company activities that will assist the CEO and executive management team in making educated business decisions about the company’s current state and future economic outlook.
- Oversees and maintains all accounting systems including general ledger, A/R, A/P and Payroll for integrity and accuracy.
- Ensures that all financial functions of all entities are in accordance with regulatory organizations as well as following established financial and management practices within the industry.
- Participates in and supports operations in New Product Development, Inventory Management, and Procurement functions.
- Ensures that the company’s principles, values, policies and programs are consistently practiced and reinforced.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Oversee & Manage Accounting & Finance Functions
- Reviews & approves AP‐AR activities for accuracy
- Processes Manufacturing A/P
- Works closely with VP of Ops to ensure AR quality and timeliness
- Maintain chart of accounts
- Backup for AP‐AR processing
- Creates, tracks and reports on annual budgets
- Implement and monitor the month, quarter and year‐end closeout accounting schedules
- Complete various month‐end close activities such as journal entries and reconciliations
- Process Landed Costs
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of new procedures and/or processes for accounting/finance
- Work with external CPA on various tax related items
Reporting, Analysis & Operational Support
- Conduct credit checks on customers wanting to establish terms
- Oversee non‐manufacturing vendor relationships
- Develop key performance indicators and metrics
- Perform a variety of financial analyses to determine present and forecasted financial health of the company, including cash flow reporting and analysis.
- Assists Business Development & Marketing in establishing and maintaining pricing policies
- Keeps the CEO and executive team informed of the company’s performance and provides advice on all financial matters by developing and administering reporting, controls and procedures
Payroll Processing & Management
- Process & Manages payroll related activities to include, but not limited to, paycheck processing & creation, reconciliations, liability payments, record keeping, commission & bonus payouts, garnishments and all necessary payroll filings
- Responsible for all payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and filing local, state, and federal payroll tax returns
- Prepare annual and participate in annual payroll audit with worker’s compensation insurance carrier
- Prepare and file annual W2’s and payroll tax returns
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience “required” for the job:
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of three (3) years recent experience (as an Accounting Manager) in small business with responsibility for general ledger accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cost accounting, credit & collections, and finance
- Well‐developed financial analysis capabilities
- Expertise in QuickBooks Enterprise and/or other database and accounting computer application and reporting systems
- Strong analytical skills and experience translating the strategic vision into an operating model
- An effective communicator with strong collaborative, oral and written skills
- Must be detail oriented and accurate
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Flexible and ability to change direction and focus when needed
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Competencies that are preferred for the job:
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- CPA Designation preferred
- Four (4) or more years experience in accounting functions for similar sized business, preferably with annual sales of $10‐12 million or larger
- Experience in product pricing, inventory management, and off‐shore manufacturing
Physical/Mental Demands & Environment:
- Must be able to multi‐task in fast paced work environment.
- Ability to sit for lengthy periods of time
- Patience and flexibility
Send resume and a cover letter we will enjoy reading to firstname.lastname@example.org