Design Project Manager
A fun and growing company, VintageView, is looking for a dynamic new team member to provide support to its fast paced, upbeat and successful design department. We create innovative products (cool wine racks) and have an equally innovative and vibrant company culture. We work hard, but we have fun doing it. We embrace new ideas, diversity, and love having people work with us who have ambition and an extraordinary customer service attitude.
In this role you will be a key player on our design team, responsible for internal inbound & outbound communications, coordinating & managing the workflow of the Design Department, and maintaining our design tracker. This position provides accurate and timely estimates for projects and is also responsible for developing and maintaining statistical reporting.
The ideal candidate for this role would be a systems-oriented and friendly professional who is highly organized, has great follow through and excellent attention to detail. You should have direct experience with project management in a fast paced environment, have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and have a collaborative and supportive attitude. Additionally, having a strong problem-solving mind and the ability to quickly learn new things are preferred.
More About the Us:
VintageView Wine Storage System transforms the way the world thinks about wine storage. Our focus is creating the best contemporary wine storage solutions that turn commercial and residential wine walls, rooms, and cellars into interior design centerpieces.
People use VintageView products for 3 reasons:
- They look fantastic and allow you to view the label, as opposed to the cork
- They are priced affordably and ship same day
- Our customers receive amazing world-class customer service
Click around the website for a little more insight into what we do.
Our dedicated and growing staff is the center of everything we do. We are always looking for amazing people who are smart, passionate, collaborative, and committed to pushing the wine storage industry forward with innovation and care.
About our Culture
Culture is really important at VintageView. We are a small privately held company experiencing phenomenal growth. We hold each other to high expectations, but like to have fun in a relaxed working environment. (We wear jeans most days, dress up when we need to meet clients, and wear shorts in the summer). Team building is very important to us, and we regularly hold social events like Happy Hour, Go Cart Racing, etc. People who are flexible and interested in helping others in the work place will do really well here. We are a diverse group of people from all walks of life and enjoy working with each other. We have spouses, partners, kids, dogs, doctor’s appointments and everything else that life brings us. Our people demonstrate a superior “get it done” attitude, and as a result, are given time to do the things they want and need to do. We have a very low turnover rate because people like to work here. We believe people should be given the skills and training to do what they do best and then watch them grow and thrive. We empower our people to function at a high level and are focused on developing our people and building an extremely profitable and growing business.
Duties of this Role Include but are not limited to:
- Fields initial calls in to the design department
- Receives and pre-screens design requests, adds completed requests to the design tracker and corresponds directly with dealers and direct sales reps to retrieve any missing information.
- Coordinates custom design requests by setting meetings and tracking projects
- Provides drawing lead times to clients
- Updates and maintains tracker, including working with outside vendors to design improvements, additions or changes
- Responds to drawing status requests
- Accurately creates estimates based on internal and external drawings
- Manages all files for the design department, including organization, storage and accessibility
- Manages the workload of the designers
- Collects data & provides statistical reporting
- Assists management and other design team members with building and developing the design dept.
Desired Skills, Traits and Experience Include but are not limited to:
- Order entry skills are mandatory
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Goal Oriented
- Must be willing to learn new skills and methods to accommodate company growth
- Exceptional interpersonal Skills
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Outlook and Excel are all highly preferred
- 1 to 2 years successful customer service experience
- Process and Procedural Documenting experience preferred
- Project management Experience
- Must have at least a high school diploma or GED
- Some college or higher education preferred
- Knowledge in CAD, REVIT, reading architectural and mechanical drawings, and/or estimator experience are all useful, but not required.
Hours and Compensation:
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Competitive pay and benefits package, including Performance Incentive, health benefits and Simple IRA.
Fill out our form on Hire with Ease