How Much Wine Can You Fit on a Wall? Wine Cellar Planning Based on Your Style
Perhaps one of the most common questions we get when clients are beginning the wine cellar project (right after, “Do I need cooling?”) is a very simple one: “How much wine can I fit on my wall?”
The answer is, “it depends on your style.”
Yup, style is a main driver of wine cellar capacity. Are you a max-capacity, pack wine by the caseload collector or an artistic minimalist that would rather sacrifice storage for design?
Here’s a handy guide to frame the amount of wine your wall or cellar will hold based on your project’s unique style.
First, which visual style suits you?
|Uber Minimalism||Plain ‘ol Minimalism||Balanced||Max capacity||Maximalist|
Then, decide if your need for bottle capacity should shift you up or down the capacity ladder. For example, if you love the uber minimalism look but need to get a few cases stored, consider moving to the right a category or two.
Now that you have settled on the proper style (and adjusted for practical needs), you are ready to move forward with calculating how much wine your display will hold:
Know you know what fits. Let’s design a cellar for you unique space!
Wine & Design News
Keep up to date on wine and design topics!
- Floor-to-Ceiling Mounted Frame (12 ft) $400.00
- Evolution Series Wine Tower Wall Clamp $10.00
- C-Style (Cork Forward) Wine Wall Panel with Natural Wood (9 bottles) $159.00
- C-Style (Cork Forward) Wine Wall Panel in Midnight Black Finish (9 bottles) $159.00
- L- Style (Label Forward) Wine Wall Panel in Dark Walnut Wood Finish (3-9 bottles) $99.00 – $159.00
- New York is a restaurant and bar town. And it c...
- Located in Chicago’s historic Merchandise Mart,...
- Our new headquarters is approximately 1,056 fee...