Red Steakhouse: Modern Wine Cellar and Cuisine in South Beach
There are a bevy of impressive things regarding Red, The Steakhouse in South Beach.
- It takes the stuffy steakhouse and adds a contemporary twist in both menu and restaurant design
- The wine room is a focal point, tempting guests with a well-curated New World wine list
- The food is insane
These are just some of the reasons this restaurant wins awards every year for its sexy decor and crazy good menu. As we are wine cellar people, we’ll focus on the storage. Obviously.
The glass enclosed, climate-controlled wine room showcases just how well a label-forward wine system can design into a restaurant space. Visible from just about every table, the 1,500 bottles it holds are a key part of the guest experience.
The display uses Wall Series steel racks in maximum capacity configuration (3-bottles deep), in Satin Black finish. These racks sit above custom wood bins for bulk storage, and a stylish ladder provides access to the bottles higher on the wall.
Put us at a table in front of the wine room, and we’ll be ready to order the restaurant’s ultimate pairing:
The Certified Angus Beef Prime Tomahawk steak with a bottle of Heitz Cellar Napa Valley Cabernet.
Wine Racking Details:
- 14 Columns of Wall Series wine racking
- 28 3-Foot Wall Series Segments
- 14 3-Foot Wall Series segments custom cut (8-bottles tall)
- Three-bottle depth configuration
- Satin Black finish
- Estimated Racking Cost: $3,700
- Glass enclosed wine room
- Commercial grade cooling
- Custom wood cabinets below
Need help creating a commercial or residential wine room? We have you covered.
Wine & Design News
Keep up to date on wine and design topics!
- C-Style (Cork Forward) Wine Wall Panel with Natural Wood (9 bottles) $159.00
- C-Style (Cork Forward) Wine Wall Panel in Midnight Black Finish (9 bottles) $159.00
- L- Style (Label Forward) Wine Wall Panel in Dark Walnut Wood Finish (3-9 bottles) $99.00 – $159.00
- L- Style (Label Forward) Wine Wall Panel in Natural Wood Finish (3-9 bottles) $99.00 – $159.00
Vino Series Stemware Racks (2-glass capacity)
Rated 5.00 out of 5$13.00 – $15.00
- We turn to wine cellar cooling and design exper...
- When Food and Wine said Houston’s dining ...
Restaurant Wine Cellar of the Month (May): Sleek Transitional Cellar at Eddie Merlot’s in Bloomfield Hills, MIA common flaw in glass wine cellar design — for...