Where to buy good wine, drink great vino, and eat amazing food in Denver
We aren’t afraid to tell you we judge a book by its cover. Often. In our collective dining out experience, we find that restaurateurs, winemakers, and retailers who take the time design their space well — and show off a stellar wine collection — tend to care immensely about the vino, experience, and food they may offer. That is to say, well-designed spaces tend to offer fantastic food and wine.
In our brand new occasional series called Drink Well, we take a look at select spots that feature gorgeous wine cellar design alongside a fabulous dining, drinking, and/or shopping experience. First up, Denver.
Pick up a bottle (or a case)
If you are drinking local…
If you are drinking like a somm…
Little Raven Vineyards is one of the Mile High’s best boutique wine shops, situated at the entrance to downtown. This crazy good shop has a bevy of delicious options from winemakers and regions you may never have heard of before. 1590 Little Raven #175, Denver
Enjoy a Vibrant Happy HourPhoto by Dustin Bradford
The Art Hotel has become a showpiece property in Denver, filled with design befitting of the city’s museum district. It’s flagship restaurant, Fire, offers an expansive rooftop deck with great views of the city to compliment its killer wine program. The outdoor fire pits allow this patio to be used throughout much of the year. The food is delicious too if you want to nibble or stay for dinner. 1201 Broadway, Denver
The latest haute eatery in the Frank Bonanno (Denver) empire is French 75, a casually-vibed bistro that opened in 2017 with high-end flavors. The dinner is standout but we love this spot for its appreciation of happy hour — specifically the M-F 3-6 pm celebration of l’heure verte, a French toast to the end of the work day. This tradition calls for a glass or two of absinthe. Of course, French 75’s Green Hour includes delicious specials on food — and bubbles, spirits, beer, and wine — on top of the absinthe.
Dine like a foodie
Wine & Design News
Keep up to date on wine and design topics!
- Evolution Series Wine Tower Wall Clamp $10.00
- C-Style (Cork Forward) Wine Wall Panel with Natural Wood (9 bottles) $159.00
- C-Style (Cork Forward) Wine Wall Panel in Midnight Black Finish (9 bottles) $159.00
- L- Style (Label Forward) Wine Wall Panel in Dark Walnut Wood Finish (3-9 bottles) $99.00 – $159.00
- L- Style (Label Forward) Wine Wall Panel in Natural Wood Finish (3-9 bottles) $99.00 – $159.00
- We are used to being No. 1. As in the leader in...
- When you walk into a crazy, beautiful penthouse...
- This month, Instagram inspiration seemed to be ...